Smoking free world for Youth
Our NGO Humanitarian Welfare and Research Foundation Doctor and team of Students from grant medical college at JJ.Hospital mumbai with the support of N.S.S.U SNDT Girls college Matunga, Mumbai organized a campaign to draw awareness for quit smoking and to have a “Smoke Free World “.
‘Smoke free world for youth’ as an initiative was born because the society is in dire need of a revolution against the smoke that we voluntarily produce. A group of like-minded people by profession as a Doctors havecome together to create awareness about one of the biggest & most devastating problem. It’s a problem which creates cancer figuratively and literally.
Smoking as a Weight-Control Strategy among Adolescent Girls and Young Women: A Reconsideration many studies have reported that adolescent girl and young women’s smoke to control their weights. The majority of these studies are cross-sectional and report on correlational data from quantitative survey.In high school, smokers were no more likely than nonsmokers to be trying to lose weight. In the follow-up study, 85 percent of informants replied that they had never smoked as a way to control their weight. One-half of informants at age 21 believed that smoking as a weight-control strategy would be ineffective, while the other one-half had no idea whether it would work or not. Researchers need to a conscious and sustained weight-control strategy among adolescent females and young women.
The effects of tobacco smoke on the female body include:
- Reduced fertility
- Menstrual cycle irregularities or absence of menstruation
- Menopause reached one or two years earlier
- Increased risk of cancer of the cervix
- Greatly increased risk of stroke and heart attack if the smoker is aged over 35 years and taking the oral contraceptive pill.
Effects of smoking on the sexual organs
The effects of tobacco smoke on the male body include an increased risk for:
- Lower sperm count
- Higher percentage of deformed sperm
- Genetic damage to sperm
- Impotence, which may be due to the effects of smoking on blood flow and damage to the blood vessels of the penis.
The campaign helped us in drawing attention on facts of Smoking is Injury to health and Hazardous to life in future.It has emphasis our effort in order to aware our new generation. Presented were the following :-
- Effective short movie/documentary.
- Interview of people who are addicted to it – case video / actual interview (team)
- 10 reasons why you start smoking.
- 10 signs that you can be a future smoker
- 10 signs you are an addict
- Counselling for Quit Smoking