Contribution done by our NGO Humanitarian Welfare & Research Foundation in the fight against COVID 19 during the month of March & April* 2020.
During month of March & April 2020, food distribution by our NGO was done in the areas of Govandi & Wadala – Mumbai, Maharashtra. Rice, Pulses were distributed to approx 135 families in Govandi and approx 45 families in Wadala slum areas. The families were identified as on need basis and the activities are in progress. Due to social distancing we were able to click only few family photos. Some of the family Images attached for reference. 5 Other Supports HWARF During month of March & April 2020 Awareness drive were initiated at our HWARF Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp groups.
Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Advice for the public
When and how to use masks?
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019 –nCoV infection
- Wear mask if you are coughing or sneezing
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
How to use mask?
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Issue in Public Interest
Keep Calm, Manage Stress & Stay at Home
You are not Alone
- Millions of people have same fears as us.
- Find someone who you can talk to about how you feeling.
- Listen to them. Avoid social media that make you feel panicked.
Take a break
- We all need a break sometimes.
- Didn’t you wished a break when you were busy at work? This is it!
- Make a list of healthy activity that YOU like to do. You deserve it!
Listen to your kids
- Be Open and listen to them. Your children will look to you for support and reassurance. Accept how they feel and give them comfort & lastly smile as smiles are contagious.
Take a Pause
- 1 minute relaxation activity whenever you feel stressed out or are worried.